Thursday, January 10, 2008

why help at all?

I have this really annoying habit of helping people when they need it and they have an annoying habit of forgetting it and getting my back. Why do I continue to do this ? Maybe I have a death wish of sorts. Maybe I secretly like being kicked (yeah right).Not really, the fact is I am a softie and I really do empathize with people.And I also get hurt when they don't respond in kind. One would think that as I grew older, I would've learnt
not to trust anyone but in only that one area, I seem to be an eternal optimist. Take the case of my wonderful neighbour S. She is a real piece of work. I know she manipulates everyone but I can't say no when she asks for help. And I find that I lose out each time. She always asks for my maid when hers doesn't turn up and in order not to burden the lady, I tell her to leave half my work undone and go help her out. And in return S tries to lure her away with more money :-). But do I learn? Certainly not - Arians are known for being dumb that way ...

No comments: