Sunday, January 20, 2008

How does one relax? I can never let go of whatever it is that's keeping me in knots to relax completely. I jsut got a massage and am feeling rather drowsy but all through the massage the only thing I was thinking of was how odd it felt to be lying down with too little on. I was too conscious and couldn't relax sufficiently for the massage to be of much benefit. I have often wondered what is it that makes me hold tight to inhibitions instead of letting go - is it the lack of trust in others or some deep seated insecurity within me that doesn't want any else to see a weak or less than perfect side? This affects almost every aspect of my life - and I wonder how can I be free of this desire to be perfect or at least of the shame I feel in being less than perfect

No comments: