Tuesday, January 8, 2008

How does it feel?

I often wonder what falling in love is like. I would like to know so that I can compare it to my experiences so far and determine whether I have, to date, ever fallen in love. This may sound weird but how does one make out? What are the charecteristics to look for? Will there be background music, some kind of electricity or any such tangible things involved? Or will there only be shared laughter, a look of longing ( I am sure I would not recognize it even if served to me on a bed of lettuce), a wish to see that person over and over again? I am neither totally practical nor a complete dreamer - I feel like a useless combination of the two sometimes. My life has flown on expected lines. I was raised with the notion of the uselessness of such things as beauty and love. My mother was a true beauty in her younger days - sculpted features, amazing bone structure - breathtakingly beautiful. She used to tell me that it did not do anything for her - she would rather have had anything else. I was never beautiful , so I did not understand what she meant at all. As to love, no one in my family ever talked about it - it was not the done thing.I was married off to a suitable chap ten years ago, again there was no question of love, only acceptance. He's a really nice guy but whether I have fallen in love I do not know - I do love him beyond a doubt but I don't remember falling. So its the urge to experience that dangerously delicious free fall that I am talking about. How does it feel?

2 comments:

Mom Gone Mad said...

It feels absolutely amazing:-)

Really enjoying reading your blog!

Anima Nair said...

Thank you very much indeed - for some reason I never get the comments forwarded by mail and so i have missed this one - I appreciate anyone leaving a comment on this quiet little blog that is my one true site of expression :)