Thursday, January 28, 2016

Thought,word and deed

-->
Your thoughts are incredibly powerful. Have you noticed that often it is what you fear most that comes to be? Thinking of anything in fear actually fosters strong attachment to those thoughts. Those thoughts then become more powerful and create the reality you dread. And you start believing in that reality thus fuelling more fear-based thoughts. The cycle is endless and can only be broken if you consciously choose to do so. There lies the key word – choice – you must first be aware that you are creating most of the problems that annoy you and then choose to be free of it. This is no panacea for all ills. And yet, believe me, changing how you look at something goes a long way towards handling rather difficult situations. Some problems are here to stay of course but at least your ability to accept that they are there for life does help in lowering stress levels.

If your thoughts are powerful, what of the words that you speak or write? One word can destroy a relationship. One word can also heal a broken heart. Words are deceptive in their strength because we think we have control over what we say or write. Often times we speak without thinking. A few times we even write without thinking. This leads to irreparable harm unless you are willing to put in effort. Now if you aren’t willing to patch up the wounds in a relationship that are of your making, the relationship was definitely a dead one anyway. If you are willing to reach out, the right words can go a long way towards healing. So use your words very carefully. Second chances are hard to come by. Silence is a better option than slinging words about without knowing the consequences.

Actions are the result of your thoughts and words. All the positive thoughts in the world will not make an iota of difference unless you are willing to do something about it. Get off your behind and act. Don’t believe that you have been placed on this earth to pass time. A miracle such as life has not been given you just so you can exist. If you exist with true awareness, that is a different thing. If you exist only to figure out how to get from one moment to the next so that you don’t have time to think, its rather a waste. The spark inside each one of us needs energy to flare into flame.

I have not written all of the above because I seek to preach - I have not experience enough. I write merely because when one reaches a state in life where change is the only option, reflection brings about a certain awareness. Anyone who is looking to understand themselves better needs to  introspect. I know for a fact that for many years I have let my fears rule me. I also know that my lack of awareness about my strengths has led to some people using me with no respect whatsoever. I now feel the urge to act on matters I have let lie fallow. The time is now. Do what you have always wanted to do.

No comments: