Monday, June 11, 2012

Morning skies


After a night spent squeezing myself into an impossibly small section of the bed due to the invasion of the twosome (their dad is away on a business trip), I wake up still sleepy and crawl out to brush my teeth. I wanted to walk at least for a few minutes before the day hit me. So I rush to get ready – make a cup of coffee, pull on my shoes and go out. 

The morning was simply gorgeous. There was a pearl-tinged light in the sky and the breeze was cool and welcoming. I walk with my head full of random thoughts, bits of memories, snatches of songs and flashes of images. I smile to myself wondering if anyone else could even make out that the sober-faced woman who can be seen walking mornings, evenings and even nights sometimes, has a mind full of dancing thoughts and secret laughter. Maybe it is that you need to go through a lot of difficult times before you can gain the ability to smile or take joy in little things. Today it was the sight of the glorious morning sky – little interconnected gilded puffs of cloudlets forming wave after wave growing in brightness where they covered the sun itself. If I could pick up the sky and roll it, I could make you the softest cushion ever.

Then there is Obi, my neighbour’s pet beagle. I fell in love with him when they got him as a 30 day old pup. He loves everyone. I see him in the mornings. He runs to me with sheer joy and stands up so his head is on my knees. He is one bundle of happiness. He adores children but would cheerfully follow just about everyone just about anywhere. I love his morning greetings. It may not be only for me but I enjoy his unconditional affection all the same. He never fails to bring a smile to my face with his chocolate eyes lined beautifully with black, floppy ears, and endearing mix of black , brown and white colours with four perfectly formed white ‘socks’ on his legs. S, a completely anti-dog person has gone from “okay – if you are touching that dog, don’t come near me” to “ Oh! Hi little guy – isn’t he the best-looking dog here – none of the others come close ;-)” That is what simple love can do – love given with no expectations always transforms the recipient – I wish we all could be like little Obi.

I’m back home after a few rounds ready to tackle the day ahead. An inspiring morning sky and a joyous little beagle always make the perfect start to any day :-)

No comments: